Career Services is kicking off our annual Resume Competition
The week of Feb. 17-21, students can submit their best resume or cover letter in one of the five categories. Only one entry can be made, so be sure to select your category wisely! Your entry must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on Feb. 21.
Please review the categories and details of each category below.
Five categories for resume submission:
- Best Industry Specific Resume – Encompasses any level position within any industry, with award going to the resume that best fits the identified industry.
- Best use of Technology Resume – Encompasses any level position within any industry with the best and most applicable/professional level of technology and social media use.
- Best Creative Resume – Encompasses creative resumes in full-color, unusual layouts, artistic writing styles, etc. Very open to interpretation.
- Best New Graduate Resume –Encompasses any discipline, industry or career, targeting a profession by leveraging a recent degree.
- Best Cover Letter - Encompasses any discipline, industry or career level.
How to submit:
Judges will draw from a wide variety of disciplines and backgrounds. Judges will have one week to complete all of the reviews. Winners in each category will be determined by Feb. 28 and notified on March 3.
- Best Industry Specific Resume
- Personalized padfolio
- Best use of Technology Resume
- Personalized iPad case
- Best Creative Resume
- Personalized tote/briefcase
- Best New Graduate Resume
- Personalized business card case
- Best Cover Letter
- Personalized professional quality pen