In order to choose an appropriate major at the University of Saint Francis leading to ultimate career satisfaction and success, career counseling and testing services are recommended.
Both computerized and traditional standardized paper / pencil assessment testing is available to match your preferences.
Aptitude testing explores career ability measured by:
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Spatial Relations
- Verbal Reasoning
- Numerical Ability
- Language Usage
- Word Knowledge
- Perceptual Speed and Accuracy
- Manual Speed and Dexterity
Interest assessment explores:
- Job Choices / Subjects (what careers sound good to you)
- Future Plans (realistic educational planning)
- Values (what you want to get out of a job and brings job satisfaction.)
- Your perception of your abilities (impressions of what you feel your talents are)
- Interests (Extensive inventory of "Likes and Dislikes")
Career Counseling consists of sharing analyzed results of the above testing and assessments conclusively, realistically applying the students' most pertinent concerns (i.e. potential earnings / current salary ranges), and matching with a major or majors for ultimate degree attainment.
Counseling is available and recommended for the student as needed throughout his or her tenure at the University of Saint Francis.