Note Taking Techniques
Make Note Cards for...
- Terminology (term on front and definition on back)
- Steps of a Process (on front write process steps are referring to and on back write each step stage and a brief description)
- Parts of Items (show relationship between items on back)
- Formal ( as if you were outlining a book)
- Informal (use bullets to emphasize main ideas and sub-points)
- Abbreviation (use abbreviation on words often used)
- Review Notes After Test (add or highlight information that was on the test to notes)
Cornell Note Page
- Make a margin on the left side of the paper
- Take notes from lecture on the right side of the margin
- Upon reviewing notes, in the right margin write out key points, words, or questions from your lecture notes.