Information verifying a student's disability and need for accommodations is usually required in order to receive disability services. Verification information typically includes but is not limited to:
- a clear diagnosis from a qualified professional
- description of evaluation methods
- current limitations in the academic setting
- description of current/past accommodations
- medications and possible side effects
- possible accommodations needed
Eligibility for accommodations at USF is based upon the nature of the disability and its impact on learning. The most helpful verification is current (within the last 3 years) and is done by a qualified, impartial professional. However, older information may be used if the diagnosis is not affected by maturation, time, or coping strategies. Some disabilities may require yearly updates, though, if the disability changes.
Contact the Student Academic Support Services (SASS) office for questions or clarification or to submit verification for receiving services.