USF Housing Policy
- The student is 21 years of age prior to the start of the semester they are enrolling.
- The student lives with a parent or legal guardian at their primary residence within a 50 mile radius of the University of Saint Francis.* Owning or purchasing real estate within the 50 mile radius of University of Saint Francis does not qualify.
- The student is married (verification of marriage license).
- The student has dependant children living with them (verification of birth certificate).
Students who are required to live on campus and do not follow the University of Saint Francis guidelines, falsify information, or do not comply with University policy are not eligible for University of Saint Francis financial aid including academic and athletic scholarships.
The University of Saint Francis guarantees housing for 4 years for entering freshmen and 2-3 years for transfer students.
*It is recommended that single, undergraduate students who live with their parent or legal guardian in a radius less than 50 miles from the University of Saint Francis live in campus housing.
If a resident withdraws during a semester, the resident shall be charged for room and board and other residence related fees used based on the refund table listed below. The resident shall then be assessed $200.00 for cancellation.
- Prior to the first week of class, refund will be 100% of housing fee minus cancellation fee
- End of the first week of class, refund will be 90% of housing fee minus cancellation fee
- End of the second week of class, refund will be 75% of housing fee minus cancellation fee
- End of the third week of class, refund will be 50% of housing fee minus cancellation fee
- End of the fourth week of class, refund will be 25% of housing fee minus cancellation fee
THERE WILL BE NO REFUND OF HOUSING FEE AFTER THE FOURTH WEEK OF EACH SEMESTER. THE CANCELLATION FEE WILL BE TAKEN FROM THE HOUSING DEPOSIT, UNLESS EXPRESSED OTHERWISE BY STUDENT.
Appealing to Live Off-Campus
Appeals to the housing policy are not accepted. Any student who is in violation of the required housing policy will have a double occupancy room and board charge placed on the student's account and a letter of notification of this violation will be sent to the student.
Housing accommodations are NOT provided during vacations or break periods. The residence halls will be closed and unavailable for student use during ALL vacations except for the following circumstances in which case the student may be reassigned to a different hall during the vacation period and will be billed for each day he/she remains on campus. Dining service is not guaranteed during a stated vacation period. If the cafeteria is open, a student may use the dining service on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- When a residential student MUST remain on campus because of course-related attendance. In this case, extra room fees are not charged.
- When an athlete is required to be on campus during a stated vacation period due to an athletic event. In this case, arrangements for housing will be coordinated through the athletic department.
2014-2015 Academic Year
- New Student Move in August 22, 2014 - Move in is 8am to Noon
- Welcome Weekend August 22, 2014 - August 24, 2014
- Opening (All Campus) August 24, 2014 @ 1:00 pm
- Thanksgiving Break November 26, 2014 @ 10:00 am to November 30, 2014@ 1:00 pm
- Christmas Vacation December 13, 2014 @ 10:00 am to January 11, 2015 @ 1:00 pm
- Spring Semester Move in January 11, 2015 @ 1:00 pm
- Spring Break March 7, 2015 @ 10:00 am to March 15, 2015 @ 1:00 pm
- Easter Break April 2, 2015 @ 5:00pm to April 5, 2016 @ 1:00 pm
- Close of the Year May 2, 2015 @ 12:00 noon
*Students must vacate rooms within 24 hours of their last examination.