New students or students eligible for readmission must first contact the Admissions Office before registration can be completed.
Currently enrolled students may register each semester on the dates specified in the Course Schedule, according to the following procedure outlined by the Registrar’s Office. Students have two ways to register for classes. Registration can be completed online from any computer with Internet access (anywhere in the world) on Cougar Connection, or a student can register in person at the Registrar’s Office.
Option 1: Web Registration
A student must have a network login (username and password) to use web registration. Please use the following steps:
- Review the course schedule located on the USF website at www.sf.edu on the Registrar’s homepage and in Cougar Connection at the Student Information link. The course schedule is subject to change. Changes are updated daily, and the most current schedule is available in the Cougar Connection Course Search feature.
- Select the desired courses and make sure they are a program requirement or elective in your major.
- Make an appointment with your advisor. If you do not know who your advisor is, contact the Registrar’s Office or your academic department, or view your advisor’s name posted on the Students tab in Cougar Connection. Your advisor will:
- Help you determine the courses for which you need to register
- Complete and sign a paper registration form with you
- Grant Registration Clearance
- Find the first day that you can register from the registration schedule indicated in the days and times chart printed below. The number of credit hours earned in previous semesters determines the day you can first register. You can register at 7:00am on that first day and 24 hours a day after that until the Friday of the first week of the semester. Web registration closes on the Friday of the first week of the semester at 5pm.
- While logged into Cougar Connection, at the Students Tab, click on the Student Information link and choose the Course Search link to begin the online registration process.
- If you want to register online but want to walk through it with some assistance, help will be located at the Vann Library Help Desk in the Pope John Paul II Center during normal business hours. You can register online with assistance by contacting the Registrar’s Office in the Pope John Paul II Center, room 207, or call 1-260-399-7700 ext 6529, or email email@example.com.
Returning graduate students who are not enrolled for the current semester will need to contact Doug Barcalow at 1-260-399-7700 ext 8400 or firstname.lastname@example.org to activate their student account before registering on the web. New graduate steudents who are registering at USF for the first-time should contact the program director in the academic department of their major before registering for courses.
Option 2: Traditional Walk-up Registration
A student must have a completed registration form, signed by their advisor, to register in person.
1. Review the course schedule located on the USF homepage at www.sf.edu in Cougar Connection. Paper copies of the schedule can be found at the Registrar’s Office, Library or academic department offices. The course schedule is subject to change. Changes are updated daily on the web schedule.
2. Select the desired courses and make sure they are a program requirement or elective in your major.
3. Make an appointment with your advisor. If you do not know who your advisor is, contact the Registrar’s Office or your academic department. Your advisor will:
• Help you determine the courses for which you need to register
• Fill out and sign a paper registration form with you
• Grant Registration Clearance
4. Find the first day that you can register from the registration schedule that can be found on the USF homepage at www.sf.edu on the Academics and Majors page/Course Schedule/Course Schedule Policies link. The number of credit hours earned in previous semesters determines the day you can first register. Thereafter, you can register in person at the Registrar’s Office during normal business hours. Special permission is required to register after the start of the semester.
For more information, please contact Tina Moore at (260) 399-8061 or email@example.com.
For instructions for online Registration: My Cougar Connection On-Line Registration Help.