For a student to be in good academic standing in the Radiologic Technology Program, the following criteria must be attained:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale in all courses.
- A grade of "C" or higher in all general education courses for advancement.
- A grade of 85% or higher in all professional radiologic technology courses.
- Achievement at a satisfactory level of all stated clinical objectives and competencies.
Students will receive a mid-term progress report in all courses where they have a grade below "C" and a counseling session will be held to identify problem areas. If necessary, the student will be referred to the appropriate resources for further help.
At the close of each semester or summer session, the Academic Advisory Committee of the Faculty Council will meet to review student files for compliance with the above criteria. Dismissal and/or terms of probation will be the decision of the committee.
- Students achieving below a 2.0 GPA will not be considered for probation.
- Only one probationary period will be granted during the course of the program.
- Once in the clinical sequence, failure in any course will result in automatic dismissal from the program.
The Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology degree is awarded after the student completes the following requirements.
- Completion of a minimum of seventy three (73) credits indicated in the program’s curriculum plan with at least 55 percent of the credits earned at the University of Saint Francis.
- Achievement of 2.7 GPA on a 4.0 scale in all classes within the curriculum.
- Successful completion of the program’s clinical competency program.
- Demonstration of desirable professional behaviors.
- Fulfillment of all financial obligations to the program and University.