Admissions Requirements Information
The USF PA Program participates in the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
The applicant who has been interviewed and accepted into the program must have all entrance requirements fulfilled at the time of enrollment in May.
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or submit equivalency verification for foreign credentials.
- Submit scores from the Graduate Record Exam. The program requires a minimum score of 4.0 on the Analytical Writing section and competitive scores on the Verbal and Quantitative sections. School GRE code 1693.
- Satisfactory completion of 12 semester hours credit in chemistry including courses in general chemistry, organic chemistry, and biochemistry.
- Satisfactory completion of 15 semester hours of credit in biology courses including the equivalent of two semesters of human anatomy & physiology and a course in microbiology.
- Satisfactory completion of 6 semester hours of credit in the area of psychology.
- Possess direct patient care experience
- The most direct and responsible forms of patient care experience in a compensated position are preferred.
- Clinical components of the educational experience required for other health care professions are considered, but may not totally fulfill this requirement.
- Volunteer activities and/or appropriate life experience will be considered, but will not totally fulfill this requirement.