Lorie Lucas, MSN, RN
MSN University of Saint Francis, 2009
BSN Bowling Green State University, 1987
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Progressive Critical Care Nursing Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Saving Certification
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Instructor
- Core Disaster Life Support Certification
- Certified TB Test Administrator
Awards and Recognitions
- Values in Action Award, University of Saint Francis, 2012
- Northeast Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives Scholarship, 2007
- Outstanding Academic Achievement, University of Saint Francis MSN, 2009
- Outstanding Clinical Achievement, University of Saint Francis MSN, 2009
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Xi-Nu at Large Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation in Nursing
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- American Heart Association
- Indiana State Nurses Association
- Lucas, L. (2011). QSEN-Quality and safety education in nursing: Lives depend upon it! Illumination, 3 (5), 1-2.
- Lucas, L. (2010). Partnering to enhance the nursing curriculum: Electronic medical record accessibility. Clinical Simulation in Nursing 6 (3), 97-102.
- Lucas, L. (2009). A Closer Look at the Role of Clinical Faculty: Surviving the First Year. Illumination, USF Department of Nursing Newsletter, 2(6), 1-2.
- “Evidence Based Teaching Approaches for Nurse Educators” presented to University of Saint Francis nursing faculty, January 2010.
- “Introduction to Quality and Safety Education for Nurses” presented to Baccalaureate seminar at University of Saint Francis Fort Wayne, Indiana. April, 2011.
- “QSEN Competencies: Beginning Steps to Incorporate QSEN into Curriculum” presented to University of Saint Francis nursing faculty December ,2011.
- “Simulation Facilitator” presented to SOHS faculty at Simulation Workshop at the University of Saint Francis, May 2012.
- “Informal Sharing: Unique and Innovative Teaching Tips and Strategies” presented to University of Saint Francis nursing faculty, April 2013.
- “Debriefing the Debriefer” presented to SOHS faculty at Simulation Workshop at the University of Saint Francis, May, 2013.
- Participated in evidence based clinical study (Safe Zone Medication Administration) with NURS 406 students at Parkview Health Spring 2010.
- Charis House Health Clinic
- Martin Luther King Jr. “A Day of Caring”, University of Saint Francis
- Healthy Cities Health Fair, Fort Wayne Indiana
- Focus on Health, University of Saint Francis
- Differentiating Practice, Parkview Professional Development Day
- American Red Cross Blood Drive
- CPR Instructor for Faculty and Staff, University of Saint Francis