David Johnson, PhD, CNS-BC
Professor of Nursing
MA Ball State University, 1983
BS Purdue University, 1980
- License Marriage and Family Therapist
- License Clinical Social Worker
- American Nurses Association Clinical Nurse Specialist (Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health)
Awards and Recognition
- The Leepoxy Award for Teaching Excellence.University of Saint Francis. 2013.
- Excellence in Faculty Leadership & Management.National Student Nurses Association, 2010.
- Excellence in Faculty Leadership & Management.National Student Nurses Association, 2007.
- Teaching Excellence and Leadership Award, University of Saint Francis, 2004-2005.
- Achievement in Nursing Award: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society. 6/25/97.
- Achievement in Nursing Administration: Indiana University at Indianapolis. February 1996.
- American Holistic Nurses Association
- Northeast Indiana Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Team
- Chemical Impairment Advisory Council: Parkview Health
- Johnson, D. R. (2012). Mindfulness based stress reduction & meditation. Fort Wayne, Indiana: University of Saint Francis Video Production.
- Johnson, D. R., Stam, D., & Lantz, A. Change, grief, and stress. Fort Wayne, Indiana: Parkview Video Productions.
- Johnson, D. R. (2011). I.R.A.: An approach to engaging students in their learning Investments. In Conrad, R. M. & Donaldson, J. A. (Eds.) Engaging the online learner:activities for creative instruction.San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
- Johnson, D. R. (2009).(Multiple issues September 2008-February 2009). Excellence in Teaching.Illumination.Fort Wayne, Indiana.: University of Saint Francis.
- Sauter, M., Gillespie, N. & Johnson, D. R. (2009). Educational program evaluation. In Billings, D. & Halstead, J. (Eds.), Teaching in nursing: A Guide for faculty.St Louis: Elsevier Saunders.
- Mindfulness Based Meditation & Tai Chi.World Healing Day.USF.4/27/13.
- The Resistant Client.Co-Presenter. SCAN.4/26/13.
- Innovative Teaching Strategies.University of Saint Francis Department of Nursing.4/12/13
- Care for the Caregiver.Nehemiah Partners Fort Wayne, Indiana.4/11/13.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction.Pranya Yoga.3/30/13.
- Called to Vocation.Panel discussion University of Saint Francis Campus Ministry.3/23/13.
- Emotional Intelligence & Conflict.Leadership Ft. Wayne.3/21/13.
- Ethics in real life practice. Co-presenter.SCAN.3/15/13.
- The Future of Healthcare: Inter-professional Teams.USF. Panelmoderator & Keynote.3/5/13.
- Creating Resilient Healthcare Teams.Lutheran Health Network & USF Webinar.2/12/13.
- Teambuilding.School of Creative Arts. USF.2/1/13.
- Using Appreciative Inquiry for Culture Building.USF Admissions.1/21/13.
- Using Appreciative Inquiry for Best Practice Customer Service.Indiana Institute. 1/8/13
- Accelerating the College Classroom Experience:Facilitator USF.1/7/13
- Johnson, D. R. (2011). Marketing research: Perception of need for 3-year BSN initiative seeking high achieving high school students. Fort Wayne, Indiana: University of Saint Francis.
- Johnson, D.R. (2009). Marketing research: Perception of need for the role of clinical nurse leader (CNL) in the Fort Wayne community. Fort Wayne, Indiana: University of Saint Francis.
- Johnson, D.R. (2007). Marketing research: Perception of Registered Nurse advanced educational needs in the Fort Wayne community. Fort Wayne, Indiana: University of Saint Francis.
- Gillespie, N. N. & Johnson, D. R. (2004). Heresy in education: Combining ASN and BSN students in the classroom to teach differentiated practice. New York: National League for Nursing.
- Johnson, D. R. (1999). Team building through action research and genograms: The case of a nursing care delivery work team. Indianapolis: Indiana University.
- Johnson, D.R. (1997). Marketing research: Registered nurse educational needs in the Fort Wayne community. Indianapolis: Indiana University, Marketing L773.
- SCAN: Stop Childhood Abuse & Neglect (Advocacy)
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church Fort Wayne, Indiana (Member & Service)
- Leadership Fort Wayne (Advocacy & Service)