Margaret Blauvelt, RN, MS, MSN, CNE
Associate Professor of Nursing
MSN, University of Saint Francis, Nursing, 2004
MS, Indiana University, Education, 1982
BSN, Ball State University, Nursing, 1972
- Certified Nurse Educator (2011-2016)
- Certified Nurse of the Operating Room (1982-1987)
Awards and Recognitions
- Nominated by former students for inclusion in “Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers: 2005, 2004, 2000
- Values in Action Award from the University of Saint Francis, 1999
- National League for Nursing: 2003 to present
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing: 2003 to present
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing; Nomination Committee: 2004-2005
- Northeast Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives: 2007
- American Nurses Association; Indiana State Nurses Association: 2004-2006
- Indiana State Nurses Association, Education Committee: 2005
Refereed Scholarly Journals:
- Blauvelt, M., Erickson, C. Davenport, N. and Spath, M. (2012) Say yes to peer review: A collaborative approach to faculty development. Nurse Educator 37(3) 126-130.
- Davenport, N., Spath, M., & Blauvelt, M. (2009) A step-by-step approach to curriculum review. Nurse Educator, 34(4), 181-185.
- Blauvelt, M. & Spath, M. (2008). Passing the torch: A faculty mentoring program at one school of nursing. Nursing Education Perspectives, 29(1), 29-33.
- Blauvelt, M. “The Unknown Nurse” The Art of Nursing: Nurturing Hope and Healing. Parkview Health, 2011.
- Blauvelt, M. “A Guide to Bloom’s Taxonomy for Novice Educator” (2010) Illumination. 3(1)
- Spath, M. & Blauvelt, M. “Positive Peer Relationships” (2008) Illumination. 1(10)
- Presentation at Professional Conferences with Abstracts in Refereed Published Conference Proceedings:
- Passing the Torch: A Faculty Mentoring Program at one School of Nursing presented at Drexel University Nursing Education Institute, June, 2009.
- Passing the Torch: A Faculty Mentoring Program at one School of Nursing, presented at the Chicago Institute for Nursing Education, St. Xavier University, Chicago, Illinois, 2008
- The Current State of Nursing Education, 1957 Class of Saint Joseph School of Nursing, 2007
- Connectedness, USF Nursing Recognition and Pinning Ceremony, December, 2007
- Presentations at Workshops for Peers:
- USF Faculty Development Day, Moderated a Café Session on Mentoring, October 5, 2010
- Focus on Health Volunteer, 2012, 2008, 2007
- Allen County Community Based Participatory Research Project Advisory Board: 2008 -2009
- Allen County Health Disparities Coalition: 2007-2009
- Leo High School Advisory Board; Career Majors Academy, Health and Related Sciences: 2007 to 2009
- Martin Luther King Day volunteer at Charis House
- Hope House volunteer
- Hospitality Network of Greater Fort Wayne, Inc. volunteer
- Northeast Indiana Radio Reading Service volunteer reader