Dr. Phyllis Gernhardt
Associate Professor of History
Office location: PJP2 319D
Office phone: 260-399-7700 x 8130
E-mail address: email@example.com
Degree held: Ph.D.
- Bachelor of Arts (in History and English) from University of Texas at Tyler
- Master of Arts (in History) from Ball State University
- Ph.D. (in History) from Bowling Green State University
- Consultant for local history societies
- Academic advisor for History majors and Secondary Education-Social Studies majors
- Previously served as Chair of the Department of History and Social Sciences
- Serves on several University Committees
- Currently serve as Director of the School of Liberal Arts Center for Academic Excellence and Scholarship
‘Justice and Public Policy’: Indian Trade, Treaties, and Removal from Northern Indiana, 1826-1846, in Boundaries Between Us, edited by Daniel P. Barr, Kent State University Press, 2006.
And, several Book Reviews and Conference Presentations.
- Society for Historians of the Early American Republic
- Fort Wayne-Allen County Historical Society
- Indiana Historical Society
- American Society for Ethnohistory
19th Century American Frontier and West, particularly focusing on Native Americans in the Great Lakes Region and Indian Policy