Michael Waller, PhD,
- PhD, University of Utah – 2011
- MA, Concordia University Chicago – 2003
- BS, Western
Illinois University – 1994
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- NSCA – Certified Personal Trainer
- USA Weightlifting – Level 1 Coach
- Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist II
from Back School of Atlanta
- Strength and Conditioning
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Waller, M, Gersick, M, and Holman, D. Various jump training
styles for improvement of vertical jump performance. Strength and
Conditioning Journal. 35(1): 82-89. 2013.
- Piper, T, Jacobs, E,
Haiduke, M, Waller, M, and
McMillan, C. Core Training during Pregnancy.
Strength and Conditioning Journal. 34(1): 55-62. 2012.
- Waller, M, Miller, J, and Hannon, J, Resistance
Circuit Training: Its Application for the Adult Population. Strength and Conditioning Journal.
33(1): 16-22. 2011.
- Waller, M, Piper, T, and Miller,
J. Instructing Overhead Pressing
Power/Strength Movements. Strength and Conditioning Journal.
31(5): 39-49. 2009.
- Waller, M, Piper, T and Miller, J.
Coaching and Discussion of the Snatch/Clean
Pulls along with the High-Pull Variation. Strength and Conditioning Journal. 31(3): 47-54.
- Waller, M, and Townsend, R. The
Front Squat and Its Variations. Strength and Conditioning Journal.
29(6): 2-7. 2007.
- Waller, M, Townsend, R, and Gattone,
M. Application of the Power Snatch for Athletic Conditioning. Strength
and Conditioning Journal. 29(3): 10-20. 2007.
- 2013 CSCS Symposia Presenter. Woodbridge , IL.
September 14-15, 2013
- 2010 NSCA Rocky Mountain Regional Clinic. Exercise
Planning for the Personal Trainer. Chandler, AZ. November 12-13, 2010.
- 2010 NSCA National Conference. Teaching and Understanding the Snatch
and Squat. (Co-presenter) Orlando, FL. July 14-17. 2010.
- 2009 NSCA Sports-Specific Training Conference.
Training Eccentric Actions for Athlete Preparation. (Co-presenter)
Nashville, TN. January 9 – 10, 2009.
- 2008 NSCA National Conference. Separating Deadlifts from Weightlifting
Pulls through a Technical and Practical Perspective. Las Vegas, NV.
July 9 – 12. 2008.
- Waller, M,
Robinson, T, Holman, D, and Gersick, M. Differences in loaded-sled srint
times between female volleyball and softball players. 2013 NSCA National
Conference. Las Vegas, NV. July 2013. (Poster)
- Waller, MA, AlSarraf, B, Eisenman, P, LaReaux, J,
Miller, J, and Hicks-Little, C. Force-time variables of the
countermovement push-up. 2012 NSCA National Conference. Providence, RI.
July 2012. (Poster)
- Waller, MA, Miller, JD, and Jacques, K.
Effects of reduced air flow training
on upper-body performance: Pilot Study. 2010 NSCA National Conference. LasVegas,
NV. July 2011. (Poster)
- Waller, MA, Miller, JD, VanHaitsma, TA,
and Jacques, K. The effects of
reduced airflow (hypoxic) on method on time to exhaustion and VO2max
during maximal aerobic assessment cycle ergometer condition. 2010 NSCA
National Conference. Orlando, FL. July 2010. (Poster)
- Miller, JD, Eisenman, PA, Waller, MA,
VanHaitsma, TA, and Williams, DP. Identification
of position-specific combine test score thresholds for drafted and
non-drafted defensive entering the National Football League. 2009 NSCA
National Conference. Las Vegas,NV July 2009. (Poster)
LT, Waller, MA, La
Reaux, J, and Eisenman, PA. Caloric cost of
traditional bench pressing compared to stability ball chest pressing in
college-aged males. 2009 SWACSM Conference. San Diego, CA. October 2009. (Poster)