USF students partner with Fort Wayne Children's Zoo on video
When it comes to video projects, USF computer arts senior Blayke Kaufman and alumnus Andrew Lane make the Zoo's Who list.
Not only was their "Rain Forest" video selected from the Three Rivers Film Festival to air on PBS 39 among the best of the festival entries, it was created through an internship to educate elementary school students at the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo.
After a visit to the zoo with his family, USF computer arts instructor Matt White quizzed the zoo's Cheryl Pirapato about the possibility of USF students producing a video for use at the nationally-ranked facility. "She put her trust in our students, and the rest is history," White said. The video will be used for education, and an internship program for USF students to produce zoo videos has opened up through the project.
"This project taught the students how to work with a client and create a piece that can be used commercially," White said. He also shared the credit with communication and music tech students, who helped out with voice over, music and folly.
View the USF computer animation students' "Rain Forest" video for the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo below.
We Want Your Story
The Marketing Team is looking for people and stories to be featured on the homepage. Have you taken a class from a great professor that you think deserves to be featured? Know an alumnus who has an interesting job? Maybe you have done work that made a difference to people? How has USF impacted your life? We want to know your story! Send an email to the webmaster and tell us why you or someone you know should be featured on sf.edu.
- We the People
- Campus busy for Christmas at USF
- A day “on”—USF-style
- Chile immersion a service adventure
- Forget glamour
- Historic MLK Jr. speech anchors USF’s “Future of Education”
- Student’s rain garden supports Green Campus initiatives
- Setting the Stage for Comedy
- USF Diversity Resource Center will provide lots of ways to view differences
- Tickled pink—and blue—and purple—etc.
- Sweet Deal
- One unique heart
- All you need is Love
- Steel Magnolias
- Future of Nursing
- Cougar Classic
- USF students partner with Fort Wayne Children's Zoo on video
- Art Deco Clothing
- Homecoming 2012
- Bennett visits USF to discuss education changes
- Will Rogers Follies
- Cultivating Confidence
- Spring play examines social injustice
- It's All for Them
- Troubadours, Cougars enjoy phenomenal Homecoming
- SOCA students soar at Addy awards
- Cold reigns at first Cougar Chill