USF students, alumni and friends turned out in force last week for "Networking for Success," an education session and hands-on networking experience for students at the USF Performing Arts Center. The USF Alumni Relations Office sponsored the event.
Students engaged in a networking and courtesy learning session in the theater with News-Sentinel columnist and professional courtesy expert Karen Hickman, who used a PowerPoint presentation to educate students on the finer points of interacting socially as professionals. Students demonstrated their interest and concerns in a question-and-answer session with Hickman to wrap up the session.
They then entered the foyer of the USF Performing Arts Center to put their newly-learned skills into practice with a large group of alumni and business friends assembled to provide a professional networking experience.
Battling initial shyness and the impulse to cluster into their own groups, students stepped out with increasing confidence to shake hands and begin conversations with the business professionals, many of whom started their professional walks at USF years before.
AVI, which provides culinary services for the university, provided an appetizer buffet and Club Soda bar service to add another layer to the networking experience for professionals and students.
We Want Your Story
The Marketing Team is looking for people and stories to be featured on the homepage. Have you taken a class from a great professor that you think deserves to be featured? Know an alumnus who has an interesting job? Maybe you have done work that made a difference to people? How has USF impacted your life? We want to know your story! Send an email to the webmaster and tell us why you or someone you know should be featured on sf.edu.
- We the People
- Campus busy for Christmas at USF
- A day “on”—USF-style
- Chile immersion a service adventure
- Forget glamour
- Historic MLK Jr. speech anchors USF’s “Future of Education”
- Student’s rain garden supports Green Campus initiatives
- Setting the Stage for Comedy
- USF Diversity Resource Center will provide lots of ways to view differences
- Tickled pink—and blue—and purple—etc.
- Sweet Deal
- One unique heart
- All you need is Love
- Steel Magnolias
- Future of Nursing
- Cougar Classic
- USF students partner with Fort Wayne Children's Zoo on video
- Art Deco Clothing
- Homecoming 2012
- Bennett visits USF to discuss education changes
- Will Rogers Follies
- Cultivating Confidence
- Spring play examines social injustice
- It's All for Them
- Troubadours, Cougars enjoy phenomenal Homecoming
- SOCA students soar at Addy awards
- Cold reigns at first Cougar Chill