Martha J. Meyer Ph.D.
Professor, Special Education
- Ph.D. Purdue University Special Studies
- M.S. Purdue University English Education
- B.S. Manchester College Language Arts
Same Courses Taught at the University of Saint Francis
- EDUC 140 Introduction to Education in Inclusive Settings
- EDUC 583 Exceptional Needs Supervised Teaching (Initial)
- SPED 513 Practicum
- SPED 524 Development of Competent Youth
- SPED 537 Collaboration and Communication in Exceptional Needs
- SPED 540 Diagnostic/Prescriptive Teaching of Exceptional Children
- SPED 541 Behavior/Classroom Management
I focus my classes to promote principles which value and respect the right of students with disabilities, to experience positive personal and academic growth, and to fully participate in society. All students have a right to fully access the curriculum, learn general content standards, be challenged, and be given opportunities to maximize their learning and analytical thinking skills.
Research interests include transforming traditional classroom courses to web-based universal design accessible to all learners.
Awards and Accomplishments
The Richard Guyer Endowed Chair in Education at Butler University.
Unique talents, interests, backgrounds
I like to travel and rehabilitate houses