Pamela Lord PhD.
Associate Professor of Chemistry
PhD, University of California-Davis
- BS, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Lead e-structor, SmarThinking
Awards and Recognitions
- Summer Research Fellow, American Chemical Society-Petroleum Research Fund, 2004
- Outstanding Performance as a Teaching Assistant, Dept of Chemistry, UC Davis, 2001
- Finalist Outstanding Graduating Student Teaching Award, UC Davis, 2001
- Travel Grant, Graduate Student Association, 2001
- Minigrant for Undergraduate Instruction Improvement, UC Davis, 1999
- Reader, ETS AP Chemistry Exam (2012, 2008)
- Member and Subcommittee Chair, 2009 ACS General Chemistry Examination Committee, 2007-2012
- Chair, Northeastern Indiana Local American Chemical Society, 2006-2007
- Member, 2007 ACS General Chemistry Examination Commitee, 2005-2007
- Chair-elect, Northeastern Indiana Local American Chemical Society, 2005
- Membership Committee, Division of Chemical Education (ACS), 2005-2007
- Member, American Chemical Society (ACS) 1993 - present; Division of Chemical Education; Division of Inorganic Chemistry
- Member, Association for Women in Science (AWIS) 2000-2002
- G. P. Miller, J. Briggs, J. Mach, P. A. Lord, M. M. Olmstead, and A. L. Balch; Fullerence-Acene Chemistry: Single-Crystal X-ray Structures for a 60 Fullerene-Pentacene Monoadduct and a cis-Bis 60 fullerene Adduct of 6, 13-Diphenylpentacene, Org. Leters 2003, 5, 4199.
- P. A. Lord, L. Latos-Grazynski, A. L. Balch, Reactivity of Iron Verdohemes with Phenylmagnesium Bromide. Formation of Paramagnetic Iron Phenyl Complexes, Inorg. Chem. 2002, 41, 1011.
- P. A. Lord, B. C. Noll, M. M. Olmstead, and A. L. Balch; A Remarkable Skeletal Rearrangement of a Coordinated Tetrapyrrole. Chemical Consequences of Palladium ?-Coordination to a Bilindione, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2001, 123, 10554.
- P. A. Lord, M. M. Olmstead, and A. L. Balch; Tetrapyrroles as ? Donors: A Pd2+2 Unit Sandwiched between Two Helical Bilindione-Palladium Moieties. Angew. Chemie, Int. Ed. Engl. 1999, 38, 2761.
- P. A. Lord and A. de Bettencourt-Dias: Polymerizable $-diketonato Ligands and the Luminescence of their Lanthanide Ion Complexes. Presented at the 2004 (36th) Great Lakes Regional American Chemical Society Meeting
- P. A. Lord: It's a Small, Small World. Presentd at University of Saint Francis Science Seminar, Spring 2003
- P. A. Lord, A. L. Balch, and M. M. Olmstead: Remarkable Metal Promoted Skeletal Rearrangement of Biliondione. Presentd at the Spring, 2001 (221st) National American Chemical Society Meeting
- P. A. Lord, M. M. Olmstead, and A. L. Balch: Remarkable Metal Promoted Skeletal Rearrangement of Bilindione. Presented at First International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines, June 2000.
- P. A. Lord: Palladium Biliverdin and its Reactivity. Invited seminar, April 2000, Chico State University
- P. A. Lord, A. L. Balch, and M. M. Olmstead: Spectral and Structural Characteristics of Pdr(OEB)2. Presented at the Spring, 1999 (217th) National American Chemical Society Meeting
- Three Rivers Science Symposium
- Program Director - 2013
- Director, Synthesis and Cytotoxicity of Chalcones, October 2009
- Director, Vroom...Vroom: A Study of the Fuels that Make US Go, March 2007
- Director, The Science of Small, November 2004
- Co-director, Crime Scene Investigator, November 2003
- Co-director, Do Your Genes Drive You to Drink? The Biochemistryand Genetics of Alcoholism, March 2003
- Co-director, Crime Scene Investigator, October 2002
- Science Central Day Camp, "Eewey Gooey", March 2013
- Reviewer, Journal of Chemical Education (2010-present)
- Science Central Women in Science, March 2006
- FYE (First Year Experience) Task Force, Secretary, Summer 2006