The purpose of AXIS TV is to promote events of wide interest to the university community.
The guidelines set forth in this policy are in place to help ensure that AXIS TV communication to USF students, faculty, staff and guests is clear, professional and relevant. The policy will be administered and enforced by the Office of Co-Curricular Activities, part of the division of Student Life.
The Office of Co-Curricular Activities shall serve as the clearinghouse for all messages submitted for display on AXIS TV. All messages will be reviewed prior to being posted. The Office of Co-Curricular Activities reserves the right to edit or refuse to run an ad for, but not limited to violation of University policy, procedures or institutional values, length and availability of space or time on the display system.
- Individuals, groups or departments wanting to post an announcement should complete and submit a request form.
- Requests must be submitted by way of the website form. Emails, phone calls and paper submissions will not be accepted.
- A new form is required for each new announcement.
- When submitting an announcement, the following information should be included:
- Event title, description, date, time and location
- Admission charge, if applicable
- Contact person and contact information (both for the event and the ad)
- Requested start and end date for announcement
- Requests must be submitted by Wednesday at noon in order to begin running the following Monday morning.
- Announcements will run for one week (7 days) only. Should a club or group want to run an announcement for two weeks a new request must be submitted in order to create two different bulletins to run back-to-back.
- Announcements must be free of grammatical and spelling errors in order to be posted.
- Accuracy of the information is the responsibility of the individual, club or department submitting content.
Acceptable Types of Messages
- Announcements about USF sponsored activities, events and meetings
- Important deadlines related to the academic calendar
- Congratulations to clubs, organizations and/or individual for awards and honors
- Important weather and national news updates when necessary
- Internal marketing (as space and time permits)
- Welcome and greet visitors and perspective students
Inappropriate Types of Messages
- Personal messages
- Non-USF Events and Activities
- Personal Items for Sale
- Announcements inconsistent with the University’s Mission and Values