Studio Art - Photography
The Studio Art concentration in Photography is one of the few in the region to fully embrace the full range of photographic mediums: analog wet darkroom, alternative photographic processes, studio lighting and digital technology. The Photography concentration is supported by the Studio Art and Communication Arts and Graphic Design programs, allowing students a strong background in both Fine Art and Commercial Photography.
This program is designed to provide opportunities for in class projects as well as individual explorations.
The photography facilities offer:
- A 20-station black and white darkroom with large-print capabilities and film dryers and a separate film loading and processing area
- The lighting studio houses several 1600WS Speed-o-Tron Brownline Systems, a large studio hot lighting set, and several small accessory lights
- The studio also contains a Cyclorama wall and backdrops for portrait photography
- State-of-the-art ventilation and exhaust systems
- The photography department has a variety of photographic equipment available including 35mm SLR cameras and state-of-the-art digital SLR cameras for student use as well as large format field cameras and medium format studio cameras
Courses in the concentration:
- Advanced Photography (4) courses
- Digital Imaging
- Photographic Lighting
- Alternative Photography
- Special Topics in Studio Art: Photography