The Mimi and Ian Rolland Art and Visual Communication Center
In the summer of 1998, the University purchased a former Standard Oil property and warehouse which was used from 1890 until the 1970s as a storage facility. The ground surrounding the buildings contained a petroleum product residue. The University of Saint Francis determined that this environmental Brownfield could be cleaned up and revitalized. This action would benefit the entire community and provide a home for the School of Creative Arts.
Today, what was once a useless site is now fully clean and serves a vital purpose for the School of Creative Arts at the University of Saint Francis. The aesthetic qualities found in the renovated 55,000 square foot complex create an environment that is attractive and conducive to the creative process.
The buildings house studio space for all areas of art and communication, exhibition spaces, and professionally equipped video and computer facilities. There are 580 computer outlets in the facility allowing technology to be taken to all areas of the department.