A Message from the Dean
The School of Creative Arts (SOCA) is pleased to provide you with this comprehensive website outlining our many programs and extra curriculiar offerings. As you navigate the site we hope you find the resources interesting and informative.
The School of Creative Arts at the University of Saint Francis offers one of the largest Visual Art Programs among the private schools in the state of Indiana. The Visual Art Programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). The students and faculty actively exhibit and perform their work, attend and present at national conferences and nurture an artistic environment that is personalized, innovative and progressive. The quality of the work created at SOCA is outstanding. Please explore the Student Galleries on this website to witness the technical skill and innovative content found in their work.
The School of Creative Arts offers:
- Bachelor of Art in Art History;
- Bachelor of Art in Communications;
- Bachelor of Art in Communication Arts and Graphic Design;
- Associate of Art in Communication Arts and Graphic Design;
- Bachelor of Art in Computer Art;
- Bachelor of Fine Art in Dance
- Associate of Art in Dance
- Bachelor of Art in Studio Art;
- Associate of Art in Studio Art
- Bachelor of Science in Art Education P-12;
- Bachelor of Art in Pre-Art Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Music Technology;
- Associate of Science in Music Technology;
- Master of Art in Studio Art
- META Advanced Track
Each program has its own club or organization which allows students to engage in extracurricular activities related to their specific area of study. Our active relationship with professionals in community arts organizations, internship programs and guest lectures reinforce the professional world of work outside the normal classroom experience. Students learn to develop and build networks that will help in their search for that first job and will allow them to create professional, productive relationships that will last a lifetime.
As you continue to look for the art, music technology, dance, theatre or communication school that fits your goals, I am sure your questions will become more specific and detailed. I would like to invite you to visit our beautiful campus and experience the creative arts at the University of Saint Francis. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for a campus tour or a portfolio review or audition.
I look forward to working with you.
Rick Cartwright, Dean
The School of Creative Arts