Frequently Asked Questions
An extended list of FAQs
- When can I register for classes?
- Before your first semester at USF, you will attend New Student Orientation to sign up for classes. We typically hold seven orientation dates between March and August. You will be mailed a sign-up form after you submit your confirmation fee.
- What is a confirmation fee/deposit?
- Your deposit lets us know that you want to be a student at the University of Saint Francis. It holds your place at New Student Orientation, and will be applied to your first semester tuition bill.
- I need help with financial aid. Who should I contact?
- As an accepted University of Saint Francis student, you actually have your very own financial aid counselor. If you become one of our students, this financial aid counselor will continue to help you throughout your education! You can contact the Office of Financial Aid to meet your counselor and have a conversation about financial aid.
- What is FAFSA?
- FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. We use this application to determine your eligibility for financial aid. Our deadline is March 10, and you can file online at www.fafsa.gov. Remember to contact us if you have any questions!
- When do classes start?
- Classes for Spring 2013 start January 14. Fall 2013 start August 26! Are you excited?
- Does acceptance to USF mean I'm accepted into my program?
- Some programs, especially our healthcare programs, require additional information to make an acceptance decision. It is possible for you to be accepted into the university before you know of your program acceptance. Admission to or denial from a program does not affect your acceptance to the university.
- My question isn't listed here. Now what?
- Let us know! There are plenty of ways to contact The Office of Admissions. We want to help you get started at the University of Saint Francis. We can't answer questions you don't ask, so if you want to know something that you can't find on the website, please ask! We're available Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. at 260-399-8000 and firstname.lastname@example.org.